- The lighting principle of the action camera flash is to generate high-brightness light through an electronic flash tube, and shine it on the subject to make it brighter. The electronic flash tube is a device that uses the electro-optic effect to generate strong light, and its interior consists of a vacuum tube and two electrodes. When energized, a high voltage is formed between the electrodes to generate electron bombardment, so that the atoms in the gas molecules are excited, and energy is released when the electrons transition to produce visible light. The effect of flash lighting is mainly affected by the following factors:
- The light intensity of the flashlight: the light intensity of the flashlight is affected by the voltage of its electronic flash tube and the size of the capacitor. The higher the voltage and the larger the capacitance, the greater the light intensity of the flash and the brighter the lighting effect.
- Light angle of the flashlight: The light angle of the flashlight refers to the range and angle of the flashlight. In shooting, the angle of the flash has a great influence on the lighting effect. If the flash is pointed too directly on the subject, it can create too much reflected light and cause the photo to be overexposed. Therefore, when using a flash, it is necessary to adjust the angle and intensity of the flash to achieve the best lighting effect.
- Surface reflectance of the subject: The surface reflectance of the subject also affects the lighting effect of the flash. If the surface of the subject is too smooth or too reflective. It may cause poor lighting effect of the flash and need to be adjusted appropriately.
The working mechanism of the action camera flashlight flash mainly includes three parts: the flash circuit. The electronic flash tube and the control trigger.
- Flash lamp circuit: The flash lamp circuit mainly includes electronic components such as transformers, capacitors and rectifiers. Its function is to convert the power supply voltage into the high voltage required by the electronic flash tube. And to control the charging time and discharge time of the flash lamp.
- Electronic flash tube: The electronic flash tube is the core component of the flash, mainly responsible for generating light. Its interior consists of a vacuum tube and two electrodes. A high voltage is formed between the electrodes to excite the atoms in the gas molecules. And energy is released when the electrons transition to produce visible light. When the charging of the flash circuit is completed. The control trigger will send a trigger signal to the electronic flash tube to discharge it and produce strong light to shine on the subject.
- Control trigger: The control trigger is a key part of the flash. Responsible for controlling the charging and discharging process of the flash. When the photographer presses the shutter button. The control trigger sends a signal to the flash circuit to begin the charging process. When the flash circuit is fully charged. The control trigger will send a signal to the electronic flash tube again to trigger its discharge to generate strong light.
In practical applications. The action camera flash can also achieve different shooting effects by adjusting the mode and settings of the flash. For example, by selecting the manual mode. The photographer can adjust the light intensity and angle of the flash to meet the lighting needs of different scenes. In addition. The flash can also achieve freezing and tracking shooting of moving objects by setting functions such as fast flash and slow flash.
To sum up. It is very important for photography enthusiasts to understand the lighting principle and working mechanism of action camera flash. Only through a deep understanding of the principle and mechanism of flash. Photography enthusiasts can make better use of flash and improve the quality and artistry of photos. At the same time, in actual operation. The photographer should also flexibly choose the mode and setting of the flash according to the specific shooting scene and needs. So as to achieve the best lighting effect.