With the improvement of people’s living standards and the continuous improvement of aesthetic concepts, wall decoration has become an indispensable part of modern home design. In addition to the traditional decoration methods such as wallpaper, paint and tiling, corkwood plank has gradually become a popular wall material. Corkwood plank is not only beautiful and practical, but also environmentally friendly and healthy, which has become the reason why more and more people choose it. This article will introduce the characteristics, uses, advantages and disadvantages of cork boards, in order to better understand the advantages of corkwood planks.
The characteristics of cork board
Corkwood plank, as the name suggests, is a wall material made of cork. Cork has the characteristics of light weight, environmental protection, wear resistance, heat insulation, and sound absorption, so corkwood planks can be used not only as wall materials, but also as floor materials, audio isolation materials, etc. Cork boards are usually made of cork granules, but they can also be made with a mix of cork granules, rubber granules, recycled materials, etc. The surface of the cork board can be painted with various colors and patterns, and can also be coated with a special protective film to protect the corkwood plank from damage.
The use of cork board
Cork board is a very practical wall material, which is widely used in bulletin boards, notice boards, display boards, etc. in offices, schools, homes, etc. The corkwood plank can be used to fix various stationery, photos, posters, stickers, etc., and can also be used for writing, recording, leaving messages, etc. In addition, the cork board can also be used for decoration, combining multiple corkwood planks can be made into various shapes to form a unique decorative effect.
Advantages and disadvantages of cork board
- Environmentally friendly and healthy: cork is a renewable resource, and the harvest of cork will not damage trees, so cork board is a very environmentally friendly wall material. Cork also has the characteristics of antibacterial, anti-mildew, anti-insect, etc., which is beneficial to human health.
- Heat insulation and sound absorption: Cork has excellent heat insulation and sound absorption capabilities, which can effectively reduce noise and maintain indoor temperature.
- Beautiful and practical: The corkwood plank is not only beautiful, but also can fix various stationery, photos, posters, etc., which is very practical.
- Vulnerable: The surface of corkwood planks is susceptible to scratches and dents and requires care.
- Higher price: The price of cork boards is relatively high, requiring a higher cost.
Installation and maintenance of cork panels
The installation of cork board is very simple, you can use nails, glue or fixing clips to fix the corkwood plank to the wall. Corkwood planks are also very easy to maintain, requiring only regular cleaning. Use a soft brush or a vacuum cleaner to clean the surface of the cork board. Do not use a wet cloth to wipe the corkwood plank to avoid deformation of the cork board. If the cork surface stains are difficult to clean, you can use a cork cleaner to clean them.
The future development trend of cork board
In the future, as people pay more and more attention to environmental protection and health, the application prospects of corkwood planks will become broader. Cork board not only has the advantages of environmental protection, fire prevention, and sound insulation, but also has the characteristics of high elasticity, wear resistance, and earthquake resistance. It can be used in many fields such as buildings, floors, and walls. With the development of science and technology, the production process and performance of cork board will be further improved, providing a broader space for the application and development of corkwood plank in the future.